- Nearly three weeks in Israel
- Special lectures
- Daily instruction from Dr. Grisanti
- Free time in Jerusalem for personal exploration
- 1/2 day at an archaeological dig in Shiloh
The Israel Study Trip focuses on the land of the Bible and how the geography, topography, archaeology, and history of that land sheds light on our understanding of Scripture. Students traverse the Holy Land with adventures and lectures from the faculty guide along the way. Dr. Michael Grisanti, an Old Testament professor at TMS, serves as the guide for the trip and provides instruction at the sites. He studied at the Institute of Holy Land Studies and has led over twenty trips to Israel.
Towards the end of the trip, the group will spend a few hours working alongside the archaeological staff from the Associates of Biblical Research at the dig they are conducting at Tel Shiloh. If a person who participates in the TMS Israel study trip wants to work for the week after our trip ends, they can check the ABR website that explains their archaeological dig and the costs related to joining that dig.
- In order for Dr. Grisanti to act as the official trip guide, without an Israeli guide present, everyone will be considered his students and therefore required to participate in lectures and exams. The exams will be straightforward and there will be review sessions to prepare beforehand. You will not be required to receive academic credit.
- Be prepared for full days of walking (including steps up and down). You will be tired at the end of the day but will be overjoyed at what you are learning and blessed by the fellowship of fellow-students of the Word. To prepare for the trip, plan on getting a good set of walking shoes and put together a walking regimen.
- Participants need to be in general agreement with TMS’s doctrinal statement. Teaching will be from a futuristic or dispensational, premillennial perspective, expecting the nation of Israel (made up of believing Israelites) to be established once again in the land of promise. Questions about this can be directed to Dr. Grisanti.
- Many people have concerns about the safety of traveling to Israel. Consider this helpful article on the topic, Is it Safe to Travel to Israel?
2019 TMS Israel Study Trip Overview
Registration: Opens September 2018
Trip Date: May 13–June 2, 2019
Full Trip Cost: Approximately $4000.00
Registration Details: To register, submit a $500 deposit and the registration form. There are 40 spots available for the Israel Study Trip. First preference is given to TMS students, alumni, and their wives. Others who register will be put on a waitlist until December 9th, 2018. Registration deposits will be refunded if the trip reaches capacity.
As the trip gets closer, study suggestions will be emailed to everyone who registers so that they can adequately prepare.
Dr. Michael Grisanti, Director of Israel Study Trip
818.909.5649 | firstname.lastname@example.org