The Master’s Seminary, in conjunction with Grace Community Church, is pleased to announce the publication of a new hymnal: Hymns of Grace.
Speaking of the vital importance of hymns in the life of the church, John MacArthur writes:
Hymns are wonderful didactic tools, filled with Scripture and sound doctrine, a medium for teaching and admonishing one another, as we are commanded to do in Colossians 3:16. We are in danger of losing a rich heritage of hymnody as some of the best hymns of our faith fall into neglect. Let’s revive some of the great hymns that have fallen into disuse, and along with the best hymns written today, delve deeply into this rich Christian hymnology.
Motivated by that perspective, this new hymnal combines the most beloved hymns of church history with profound songs that are being written in the church today.
Features of the hymnal include:
- Over 350 hymns, of which there are more than 100 new hymns and melodies
- 34 titles written or co-written by Stuart Townend
- 30 titles written or co-written by Keith Getty
- 9 new hymns by Chris Anderson and Greg Habegger
- 7 titles by John Newton and 18 by Isaac Watts
- 5 titles by Bob Kauflin and 11 titles from Sovereign Grace Music
- 2 new hymns from R.C. Sproul
- 2 hymns from John MacArthur
- Accompaniments by Bob Kauflin, Keith Getty, Mark Rice, Tom Jennings and others
- ESV scripture readings, formatted for responsive readings
- Only ESV hymnal in print
- Large print and binding (approximately 6.75 by 9.75 inches).
- At the core of this version are 186 titles that will match up with orchestra and instrumental parts available at www.lifewayworship.com
- Accompaniment edition with piano and chord symbols (to be released in March 2016)
For more information about the hymnal, click here.