History The Master’s Seminary Library began in the 1970’s as the library for Grace Community Church. During the early 1980’s the collection expanded to 10,000 volumes to support the former Valley Extension of Talbot School of Theology, located at the church. During this time the Library was housed in the basement area of the main educational building. Since the establishment of The Master’s Seminary in 1986, the Library has expanded its holdings to over 140,000 physical items, including a substantial periodical collection with titles dating back to 1800. With the completion of The Master’s Seminary building the Library now has nearly 25,000 square feet of floor space for Library operations and is able to house upwards of 200,000 volumes. The collection is rich in scholarly works with strengths in biblical studies, theology, and practical theology. Having a vast breadth of holdings, the Library is designed to assist patrons from both The Master’s Seminary and Grace Community Church. Users also have access to the Robert L. Powell Library located at The Master’s University, with an additional 135,000 volumes, 35,000 of which are in theology. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.