At its inception the library was housed in the 4,600 square foot basement area of the main educational building. The new library and office building provides nearly 25,000 square feet of floor space for library operations.
The Master's Seminary Library began in the 1970's as the library for Grace Community Church. During the early 1980's the collection expanded to 10,000 volumes to support the former Valley Extension of Talbot School of Theology, located at the church. Since the institution of The Master's Seminary in 1986, the library has expanded its holdings to 100,000, including a substantial periodical collection with titles dating back to 1800. With the completion of the new Equipping Center the library is now able to house upwards to 200,000 volumes. The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) from Endeavor Information Systems, an industry leader in library automation, enables quick and comprehensive access to the library holdings. Click here to access this state of the art system.
The collection is rich in scholarly works with strengths in biblical studies, theology, and practical theology. Having a vast breadth of holdings, the library is designed to assist patrons from both Grace Community Church and The Master's Seminary. Users also have access to the Powell Library located at The Master's College, with an additional 135,000 volumes, 35,000 of which are in theology. We welcome the opportunity to serve you. Click here for a detailed explanation of library policies and services.