Dear Prospective Student,
For every biblical preacher, the sufficiency of Scripture mandates his commitment to exposit and expound its truths. Through proper preparation and sufficient training in how to handle God’s Word, the true biblical expositor is adequately equipped to do everything he is called by God to do (2 Tim 3:16–17). Such men are prepared to “preach the word” and are “ready in season and out of season” to “reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction” (2 Tim 4:2).
In order to help you advance as a biblical preacher, I want to introduce you to the Doctorate of Ministry in Expositional Preaching at The Master’s Seminary. This unique program exists to provide a singularly focused concentration upon sharpening the skills of a gifted expositor in the area of biblical preaching. This pursuit is carefully crafted by a rigor in the highest level of scholarship and academic training possible.
I believe we are living in a day in which there is a famine in the land for the hearing of God’s Word. This is why The Master’s Seminary is devoted to calling those who stand in pulpits to the high standard of biblical preaching. Such faithful men stand in a long line of others throughout church history in their allegiance to the Word of God and the exaltation of His glory. Join us as we sit at the feet of great preachers, translators, professors, and martyrs who gave their full devotion to the global advance of the kingdom of God.
Steven J. Lawson
D.Min., Program Director
REASONS TO ATTEND THE MASTER’S SEMINARY D.MIN. PROGRAM
1. Revitalize your preaching by studying under the best preachers and scholars in current evangelicalism.
2. Maximize the effectiveness of your time in the study by sharpening your approach to sermon preparation.
3. Further your education by completing a degree specifically designed to strengthen the pastor’s regular preaching ministry.
4. Stimulate your thinking by tackling the best texts on preaching from the past and present.
5. Participate in a program designed to be an encouragement to your church.
6. Re-energize your own passion for preaching by connecting with other brothers who share your calling to feed His sheep.
7. Remain in your current ministry throughout your studies by only being required on site six weeks throughout the three year program.
President, Professor of Pastoral Ministry
Steven J. Lawson
Professor of Preaching, Director of Doctor of Ministry Program
Students will also benefit from the experience and expertise of The Master’s Seminary Faculty
- Doctrinal Foundations for Expository Preaching
- Expository Preaching and the Old Testament
- John MacArthur, Steven J. Lawson, Daniel Block
- JULY 2015
- Expository Preaching and the New Testament
- John MacArthur, Steven J. Lawson, Sinclair B. Ferguson, Alistair Begg
- Theology and Expository Preaching
- Homiletics and Sermon Delivery
- John MacArthur, Steven j. Lawson, Derek Thomas, Arturo Azurdia III
- Historical and Contemporary Preaching Models
- John MacArthur, Steven J. Lawson, Carl Trueman
Normally student applicants should have either:
- M.A. from an accredited institution with at least five years consecutive preaching ministry.
- M.Div. from an accredited institution with at least three years consecutive preaching ministry.
- The total cost of the program (not including books, lodging, travel, etc.) is six payments of $2,450, for a total of $14,700.