The Master’s Seminary maintains one of the very lowest seminary tuition costs in the country. And, it is committed to keeping it that way. Tuition at TMS represents only 60% of actual costs, meaning that the other 40% must be provided through the sacrificial gifts of friends of TMS. In other words, think of it as a 40% scholarship automatically built into your tuition cost.
Even though our tuition is low, we recognize that some students will still need additional assistance. Knowing that reality, we encourage all students (incoming and returning) to discuss their tuition needs with their home church (cf. Matching Funds Scholarship below). Beyond that, we advise you to make every effort to arrive on campus with a plan to meet your tuition obligations for the first year, thereby leaving the limited seminary scholarships (except for the Matching Funds Scholarship) to assist the needs of second and third year students.
TMS is registered with the government as a two-semester institution. As a result, federal law does not permit the seminary to grant scholarships for Winterim or Summer School sessions. Consequently, scholarship applications are accepted only for the fall and spring semesters.
The TMS Scholarship Committee reviews all applications in accordance with the following expectations:
- Applicants are enrolled full-time (11.5 credit hours minimum) with a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Applicants are employed
- Applicants have sought assistance from their home church prior to making application
- Applicants demonstrate godly character, academic capability, and ministry potential
- Applicants have an ongoing ministry involvement